Competition for BAZA 2022: Award for Contemporary Art
Initiative of the Institute of Contemporary Art – Sofia
Edmond Demirdjian Foundation
Sofia City Art Gallery
Foundation for a Civil Society, USA
Young Visual Artists Awards YVAA
The project is co-financed by Lachezar Tsotsorkov Foundation.
* The competition is opened for artists up to 35 years old who work in all media in the field of contemporary art.
* The award is a scholarship and an eight-week stay at Residency Unlimited in New York in 2023. Residency Unlimited is an active platform that helps artists make contacts and meetings for the most fulfilling stay in New York.
* The applicants must be proficient in English language.
1. Artists (born not earlier than 1987) apply with their portfolios.
2. The jury of the competition, established specialists in the field of contemporary art, nominates from 5 to 7 finalists. Its decision is announced at: http://ica-sofia.org
3. The nominated artists receive financial support for the realization of their works from the Lachezar Tsotsorkov Foundation.
4. The nominated artists are presented in an exhibition at the Sofia City Art Gallery (July 19 - September 7, 2022).
5. The jury consisting of: Ani Vaseva (theater director), Krassimir Terziev (artist), Martina Yordanova (curator), Mariela Gemisheva (artist) and Radoslav Mehandjiiski (artist) determines the winner and announces it on the opening day of the exhibition.
6. After the residence the artist organized a solo exhibition in the gallery of ISI-Sofia.
* The portfolio must be in English only, no more than 20 MB and contain:
- name / address / telephone / e-mail / birth year;
- biography (CV);
- images of works with title, year of creation, material, dimensions;
- for video works and documentation from performances: links to a video platform - YouTube or Vimeo;
- the other information materials can be included - texts, publications.
The exhibition is realized with the logistical support of representatives of ICA-Sofia, Edmond Demirdjian Foundation and Sofia City Art Gallery.
* Deadline: February 22, 2022